[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WPO Forums • View topic - Will TNA survive 2014?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sports » Wrestling

Post subject: Will TNA survive 2014?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 pm 

It's not looking good, smarks.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:27 am 
Site Admin

I have no idea whether or not they will continue to survive. I had really high hopes for them when they first started and then they started hiring WWE cast off's and wrestling's problem children. Do you guys think that has had anything to do with TNA's problems?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:46 am 

In order to understand TNA's position, you need to understand it's utterly hilarious history. Hence:

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

This is more or less a full compendium of all the fails from TNA's first broadcast all the way to today. When you actually take a minute to see how bad things were, you get a general idea of why TNA's future is so uncertain.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:12 am 

Are they having major financial problems which will lead them into bankruptcy? Because they have been "surviving" for years now with crappy storylines, poor announcers, shit marketing, and badly produced TV. Unless they are flat out of money, I see them being around for years to come. Unfortunately, I don't see the product getting much better, but I DO see them surviving as they have from the very beginning. If they are about to go under because of finances, then they are gone.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 am 

It's hard to tell, cause their finances are kept under wraps. There have been signs and symptoms. They release workers on a constant basis, but always base their reasoning on things other than money issues. Not to mention what they were paying Hogan was draining them by a large margin. They're also no stranger to nearing bankruptcy. Had Dixie Carter not had her father buy her a stake in the company when he did, TNA would've been deceased soon there after. For now TNA's biggest financial failing is paying people too much for things that don't add a lot to the show. But they seem to have some levelheaded people there making cuts and keeping them in the black. So they survive for now, and I don't see them necessarily dying out any time in the near future.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:07 am 

It costs them about $600,000 to tape a double episode live date. They are barely drawing audiences.

Hogan's deal was $30,000 an appearance.

The Carter family is looking to sell, rumor has it.

If you are Spike TV, and this is your highest rated show, do you ante up and sign Hogan yourself? Do you take Spike off-the-road and plant them in say, Vegas? Do you purchase the company itself?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am 

I thought Hogan's thing was a story line.
If he is not back for real , I hope he stays out of TNA to help clear up some money. And, I hope Hogan gets a WWE legends deal that has him making ,very occasional, " Real American" appearances on TV and maybe he hosts some new WWE TV show like WWE classics or something.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:42 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:19 pm 

If Hogan wants a legends deal, Hogan gets a legends deal.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 am 

If I was doing some of the booking, I wouldn't agree with a Hogan signing. Despite some missteps, I think the story lines they're running at the moment leading into WM are very strong. Strongest I've seen in quite a while. RAW has become something to watch again, and I am interested to see how things go forward.

Signing Hogan at this point would just be a distraction. That's what you do when you have absolutely nothing good planned. Easy draw, at least on paper. Unless they sign him to do some off-show work like being a trainer or doing some sort of historical thing, I don't think Hogan fits in with anything right now, and would just feel shoehorned in.

As for TNA, good riddance. As harsh as I am on that promotion, if they actually let Hogan go, good for them. This is the first step for them to make a turnaround.

Board index » Sports » Wrestling