Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other Nerdity » Tech Toys

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:14 pm 

I had a nerdgasm when I saw all the old lab equipment that is for sale on ebay. Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, function generators, everything I used to dream about when I was a wee lad. I am guessing this recession has meant a lot of tech companies going under and dumping their equipment on the market via auction houses. It is definitely a buyer's market. For $100 I bought an HP logic analyzer that was probaly $20k new. Combine that with all the cheap components you can ebay from China and it is a brand new world out there, so cheap and easy to get your electronics hobbyist game on.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Somebody else was telling me about gadgets like this flooding Ebay just the other day. I am not that hardcore into electronics, but man it looks like you could outfit a whole evil scientist lair on the cheap.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:36 am 

My first projects are building some home grown guitar foot pedals and patching up an old burned out base amp. My nephews are taking guitar lessons so I plan on giving them a fuzz pedal for a Christmas gift.

Board index » Other Nerdity » Tech Toys