Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gaming » Console Talk

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 am 

As a daddy of a 22 Month old boy , this means not usually having a lot of time to myself, but I have had some decent time in the first two days with my new Xbox one.
First off , it's an impressive piece of technology. I walk into the room ,sit down and it automatically recognizes me and loads up my gamer profile with my preferences good to go. The dashboard is very windows 8 inspired. And it is taking a little bit of time to get used to. But, with the simple voice commands and the ability to pin things to your home , it really only took one day for me to organize things and be comfortable with it. Who knows what the Xbox one's dashboard will look like in a couple of years ,just like what happened with the Xbox 360 ,I have no doubt it's going to change multiple times. But for now I like it even if it is different from what I have been enjoying on the 360.

Watching my friends video clips of games I don't have is a really cool feature, as is creating clips on the fly of my games and allowing others to view them if they wish. Pretty simple to do. Did something cool just happen in a game? All you have to do is say "Xbox save this" and it's done. Speaking of games KI is very fun if you like fighting games and the classic arcade game has finally come to home consoles as promised in 1995 Lol. I'm thinking of COD next as I have been watching my fried play it from the comfort of my couch.

The seamless transitioning between games and media is very cool and I'm glad it's there .It is a great feature ,so is having 1080 P Skype in your living room and all the other additional things this console offers. I bought the Xbox ONE primarily as a gaming machine ,but everything else that it does it does well , quickly ,with ease and I will be enjoying them and using them a lot.

The new controller feels just as good as the Xbox 360 controller in my hands. 360 controller was my favorite controller of all time and this one ,with a lot of minor refinements ,will probably end up being my new favorite. There is no text pad yet, so sending messages should be done using the new smartglass ONE app. Oh and that app is about the same as the 360 one, so it's decent but could be improved really. I am sure there will be updates to it.

So overall, I was excited to unbox this new generation console , I have been enjoying the time that I get with it , kinect 2.0 works very well and mostly behind the scenes , even better than the old one . This machine has a shit load of potential for the future and currently it is entertaining me very much. I am very glad that my son who is wise beyond his years bought me a preorder for Fathersday!

Board index » Gaming » Console Talk