[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WPO Forums • View topic - Orchid trailer gives me a retro boner. ( Also Spinal tease)
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gaming » Console Talk

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:51 pm 

I will be downloading this on day one when I get home with my XBOX ONE. Pretty sure she will be my first character that I choose, although Jago is also a favorite of mine. I am not 100% convinced that the new KI game will be as good as the originals, but at $19.99 for the full list of characters I can't really go wrong as it is looking pretty good.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:09 am 
Site Admin

I am really really hoping that KI is awesome. There are far to many people looking forward to it. Glad to see its around

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:13 pm 

From those that have had hands on with it there are no real negative reactions that I have seen. They say it plays differently, but that it plays well. Will it recapture the fun gameplay of the originals? I hope so. But if its close to it, I will be satisfied.

The fact that there will only be 9 playable characters in season one has, rightfully, created some negativity. Fighters these days usually come out with 20-25 characters and then a bunch of optional DLC. But, then again, they cost $59.99 , not the $19.99 to unlock all of KI.

There is also a second price option that has "original inspired skins and music" along with the original Arcade game KI1 in HD, which has never been released outside of PC emulation. So, who is kidding who, I will most likely buy that option and enjoy both games.

I can see the original KI coming out on XBL as a stand alone download within a year. But for now it is only with the new KI on the xbox one.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 pm 

I am just amazed that this IP lives on. Yes, I used to love to watch Orchid bobbing around in KI in the original arcade version. Definitely "retro boner" haha.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:10 pm 

I think it is now time to get my retro boner on and play some classic KI arcade along with the New KI as well !

Board index » Gaming » Console Talk