[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WPO Forums • View topic - Good news. Oceanhorn out tonight. Bad news. It costs $8.99
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gaming » Mobile/Handheld Games

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:40 pm 

I have been looking at this Zelda inspired iOS game for a while now, and frankly, it looks pretty cool. And it is finally out tonight but the bad news is that it will cost a lot more than most iOS games, it will be $8.99. Granted $8.99 is not a lot of money, but it IS a lot on this particular marketplace. Is anyone here at the WPO thinking of picking this game up? What do you think about the price? Will it drop?
Anyways, here is an older trailer of the game. I just don't know if 8.99 is worth it for my little phone. Maybe if I get a tablet it would be better.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

I really need to get an newer iOS device. Mostly because I want to. That said my personal limit on mobile games at the moment is about 2 bucks. I suspect they will be having a sale shortly.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:38 am 

Philosophically, I would rather they charge me the 9 bucks up front, instead of hitting me up for more money here and there throughout the game, and I know we have to pay for quality entertainment in order for it to be made, but... Yeah, in this market, it better be a damn good game if it's going to ask for triple the price of the higher end competition.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 pm 

IAPs suck ass. And sometimes a cheap iOS game ends up costing up to 10 bucks anyways, if you are not careful. It is one of the reasons I look for all the free games of the week, so I can avoid all that crap.
If I can get Infinity Blade 3 for half the price of Oceanhorn, or Lili for 1.99 (or less), I just can't get myself to spend the 9 bucks on it, yet. But, as I said, if I get a fancy wancy tablet, that might change.

Board index » Gaming » Mobile/Handheld Games