[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WPO Forums • View topic - Halo 3 is Free. ( With Gold)
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gaming » Video Games

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 pm 

Halo 3 is FREE on the 360 for the rest of the month. Although I much prefer the story and squad " feel" of Halo Reach, along with its superior visuals & sound. However, Halo 3 is still pretty good. It has 4 player Co-Op which has been proven to be pretty fun stuff with the WPO crew in the past with games like Halo Reach and L4D. Bruce & Jon can add this to the every increasing " pile of shame" . :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 am 

OH WOW THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR BESTOWING UPON US SUCH A GENEROUS GIFT OF A GAME ONLY THREE PEOPLE IN EXISTENCE DON'T ALREADY OWN.

They're trying to be smart asses. Only decent free game was Dead Rising 2. Cause I actually didn't play that one. Everything else, I already owned. Most of the stuff they put out for free are games they had on special just months prior.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:56 am 
Site Admin

Funny I didn't already own it and only snagged it because it was free. Amazing how that worked. Either way got it downloaded and plan to play through some SP tonight

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:37 am 

Meh. The point still stands. It's not that I don't appreciate Microsoft trying to do something nice, it's just I can literally see the lack of effort on display. They want to try and compete with Playstation Plus, but they got nothing to offer by comparison. While they're pushing free copies of Halo 3 (a six year old game), PS Plus users in the coming months are getting Far Cry 3, and they get several things, not just a lone game every 15 days.

The free games are merely more of a disappointment to me because the games usually fall into two categories: 1. I already own it/beaten it thoroughly or 2. I don't want to play it. So Fable 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 just go by cause I already own those, and then Magic the Gathering comes along and I couldn't care less. Especially with Hearthstone being free to play and not far from release.

But that's just me anyway.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:53 pm 

I downloaded it again for shits and giggles. I don't recall the load times being so slow before but whatever. You guys should get together and play some co-op. If I actually have the time ( not likely theses days, Thomas is sitting ON my PC desk at the moment fucking up my iPhone as I type this) I will hop on and join you guys if I can. Also, a few maps are free at the moment as well, I don't recall which ones... And, of course if you were stupid enough to get ODST for 49.99 when it came out like me,you have ALL the maps included on the second disk.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:00 pm 

Had some fun with Bruce and "Stinky Wombat" a couple nights ago with the co-op mode. We all ended up in a lake at one point and couldn't communicate very well with our broken mics , but it was fun none the less.
Anyone else download it?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:17 am 

I don't own the game cuz I don't want it. Plus, no gold membership. All the same, it would be cool for someone that suddenly woke up and went OMG FUKKIN 'ALO M8.

Board index » Gaming » Video Games