[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WPO Forums • View topic - My List Of Must Haves
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gaming » Video Games

Post subject: My List Of Must Haves
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm 

I'm an older gamer and as a result, I'm a little more patient and calculating. I'm the kind of guy that, sure, I'd love to get a game right when it first comes out, but that doesn't always happen and I'm more apt to wait for the price to drop. That said, here's the list of all games I'd like to buy in the near future...

3D Dot Game Heroes
Anarchy Reigns
Ar Tonelico Qoga
Assassin's Creed - Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed - Revelations
Assassin's Creed 4
Atelier Ayesha
Atelier Meruru
Atelier Rorona
Atelier Totori
Beyond - Two Souls
Boy and His Blob
Burnout Paradise
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow
Culdcept Saga
Cursed Mountain
Dante's Inferno
Dark Souls 2
Dead Space 3
de Blob 2
Disgaea D2
Dishonored
DmC - Devil May Cry
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dragon Age 2
Dragon's Crown
Dragon's Dogma
Driver - San Francisco
El Shaddai
Endless Ocean - Blue World
Enslaved
Far Cry 3
Final Fantasy Fables - Chocobo's Dungeon
Folklore
Fragile Dreams - Farewell Ruins of the Moon
God of War 3
Guided Fate Paradox
Heavy Rain
inFamous Collection
Killer Is Dead
King of Fighters 13
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Klonoa
Last of Us
Lego Harry Potter 1
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Lord of the Rings
LittleBigPlanet 2
Little King's Story
Lollipop Chainsaw
Lost in Shadow
Mario Kart Wii
Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metroid - Other M
Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption
Monster Hunter Tri
NIER
Pandora's Tower
Persona 4 Arena
Ratchet & Clank Future - A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank Future - Tools of Destruction
Rabbids Go Home
Rayman Origins
Raving Rabbids Party Collection
Red Steel 2
Remember Me
Rune Factory - Tides of Destiny
Shadows of the Damned
Silent Hill - Downpour
Sin and Punishment - Star Successor
Singularity
Sly Cooper - Thieves in Time
Sonic Generations
Splatterhouse
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tales of Graces f
Tomb Raider
Trauma Center - New Blood
Trauma Center - Second Opinion
Trauma Team
Trinity Universe
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Wario Land - Shake It!
Warioware - Smooth Moves
Watch Dogs
Way of the Samurai 4
Witch and the Hundred Knights
Witcher 3
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4

Let me know if I missed anything. :P

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:16 pm 

Out of your list, here are the ones I'd highly recommend. I am not saying the others are no good, I am just saying that I have played them, and found them particularly enjoyable above most other games.

Dishonored
Far Cry 3
Infamous Collection
Metal Gear Solid 4
Sonic Generations

Everything else I did not play, or did not feel that strongly about.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:53 am 

Oh, these are all games I intend to get at some point. I've even averaged their reviews among several sites so I can sort by that later if I need to. I've been doing price tracking with all of them. I'm just wondering if there's anything else that's not on there that I should consider getting. There were actually quite a few I removed, if you can believe that, because they either didn't score very well at all (Killer is Dead is pretty close to that) or because I looked at it again and was like...ehhhhh.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:20 am 

You should list those games you are unsure about so we can all give our take on it. You might have one on the backburner that's worth playing.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 pm 

Alright, let's start with the Uncharted series. Yeah, I keep hearing about all this great acclaim and all this and the commercials I've seen look good, but the demo sucked. It felt like a wonky mix between Tomb Raider and Gears of War, if that makes sense. And the thing is, that's not necessarily a bad thing...just didn't quite live up to what I envisioned.

I've heard they're all good, but I wanted your guys' opinions.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:27 am 

To me, Uncharted has about the same type of appeal as Assassin's Creed. A lot of people swear by it, but your mileage may vary. A friend of mine says the games are great. Unfortunately I haven't played them (PS3 only, don't get to mess around with that console much). I am sure someone else here has to have played one of them.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:49 am 

See, the other thing is a lot of these games, like the Atelier and Ar Tonelico stuff, I know I'm going to want to get because I liked the previous in the series, but I think I'm the only one even familiar with those series here. :P

Board index » Gaming » Video Games