[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WPO Forums • View topic - My Top 30 Sega Genesis Games
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gaming » Video Games

Post subject: Ristar
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 pm 

1. Ristar

You may be wondering how Sonic got the number 2 spot. This is why. This game was also made by the Sonic Team, but to me, it's my favorite game of all time off the Sega Genesis. You play as a star, who is attempting to overthrow an evil ruler and rescue his father. You attack by headbutting things, and the game is stylish as the day is long. Every last track is memorable, the levels are diverse, the bosses fun and challenging, and the final boss fight is intense. This is the Genesis game I'd recommend more than any other. Play it. Just do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XLkViR3LY

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:51 pm 

There are a lot of really great titles here, but it'd be DAMN hard for me to select only a select few games from this system. Even though I never owned a Sega Genesis, these are the games I'd highly recommend off it: http://www.listchallenges.com/must-play ... esis-games

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:09 pm 

I feel the list's composition came out better than expected. When I made a few restrictions such as games that are console exclusives, and only one per core franchise, it really allowed me to narrow the field down and focus purely on games that could mostly only be enjoyed on the Genesis. I came up with about 27 games I absolutely had NO misgivings about adding to the list. The remaining three I had to add to the list on a second sweep.

So, very few games were used to fill spots. I will admit to trying my hardest to keep Golden Axe off the list. I know people love that game, but I always considered it one of the weakest beat em' up's of the 16 bit era. Piss poor hit detection, unsatisfying, and frustrating enemy AI. I know I also missed some games people say are excellent, like Beyond Oasis, but if I haven't played it yet, I am not adding it.

Board index » Gaming » Video Games