[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WPO Forums • View topic - GOTY thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gaming » Video Games

Post subject: GOTY thread
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Okay so I want all you guys to give me your game of the year for 2013. Normally its a game that came out in 2013. Screw that noise any game you played this year no matter when it was released is eligible.

Leave them here by Thursday and will read them out on the WP this week.

Post subject: Re: GOTY thread
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 pm 

Might be an obvious choice, but I pick Grand Theft Auto V. Although a lot of great games came out, any game to pull me away from World of Warcraft for an extended period of time, and keep me interested through out is GOTY material to me. While some flaws do exist, and the game had a rocky launch, I very much enjoyed it as a return to form for the series since GTA IV, and also adding a host of new features which kept the game fun and intriguing. The online portion as well is just loads of mindless fun, culminating in an all around great experience for your 60 dollar buy-in.

But you also said any game played in 2013. So I'll do an honorary mention.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Like every installment in this franchise, it's amazing how much longevity a game like this can have. Even with how long it's been out, I still pop this game into my 360, and also play it on my PC for the fun of modding. To this day, it remains the only game I have purchased, that has not become trade-in fodder, even for a new console. It's my pick for best game of it's generation.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:06 pm 

Best new game: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Best game played this year: Final Fantasy IX

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:35 pm 

This is going to be a hard one for the man in the can.
I really have not played many games, aside from free iOS games and a few Xbox 360/ WiiU titles this year.
I will be sure to discuss Darksiders 2 (360) RayMan Legends (WiiU), Halo4 (360), KI( Xbox One) and a few iOS games...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:45 am 

Grand Theft Auto 5 is an obvious entry, as it's been something I've had a lot of fun with, but I'd like for everyone to have a different game if possible, so I'll throw my hat in the ring with Dark Souls. DS is easily one of the toughest and yet most satisfying action/RPG experiences I've ever had and while I'm no closer to beating it, it's a game that will still be enjoyable to come back to at some point as well, much like Xenoblade.

That's right, I'm going to recommend Dark Souls even over that of Xenoblade.

Board index » Gaming » Video Games